A Different Kind of Special Needs Care
“Gary’s Gang” was established in 2007/2008 when New Generations began admitting special needs adults into their caregiver program. We recognize the need for specialized programming with our special needs adults, which is why our programs are directed towards all levels of learning disabilities. Our daycare for adults with special needs in Florence and Marion, South Carolina offers a structured program to help participants maintain their sense of individual identity, independence and self-esteem.
Meeting times may vary. Visit our Facebook for up to date information.
We focus on social interaction with organized activities which include exercise/fitness, wellness programs, educational, and social events. “Gary’s Gang” was named in memory of our founder, Gail Belissary’s late autistic son, and the program is currently the only caregiver program of its kind in the Pee Dee area and it’s growing every year!
All of our participants are safely integrated into the community.
At New Generations, we go on many fun, supervised outings, such as:
- Special Olympics
- Trips to McLeod Farm for Halloween, hay rides, pumpkin picking and picnics.
- Annual County Fair
- Monthly themed events, such as our Hawaiian theme with luaus where we eat Hawaiian food, listen to Hawaiian music and much more.
- Trips to the mall for shopping and lunch.
- Little Theater
- High school mixers, where high school “special needs” students come for dancing, food, and fun.
New Generations Adult Day Center offers:
- Three staff nurses for medical needs
- Initial consultation to develop an Individualized Care Plan
- Transportation to and from the center
- USDA approved meal, with two snacks
- Communication reports sent home daily
- Operating hours Monday – Friday 7:30am – 5:30pm (year-round)
- Continuing education for staff
- Behavioral Specialist on staff
Please call to set up an appointment to learn more about our daycare for adults with special needs.
Most Common Special Care Services
- Asperger Syndrome
- Bipolar Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Hearing Impaired
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Learning Disabilities
- Pervasive Developmental Disorder
- Seizure Disorder
- Traumatic Brain Injury