Experience the New Generations Difference
At New Generations, we have created a place where both seniors and adults over 18 with special needs can feel like they belong. At our social adult day care facilities in Florence and Marion, SC, we celebrate everyone’s strengths, personalities, sense of humor and unique gifts while attending to their needs each and every day.
Through our Person Centered Care Plans, New Generations makes every individual feel embraced and included for exactly who they are. Our programs are filled with individuals who have quickly become friends. If you are interested in learning more about how our senior and special needs day care programs could benefit your loved one, please contact us today.
What is a Social Day Care Program?
New Generations’ social adult day care programs emphasize connection, recreation and independence. Members of this program do not need round-the-clock medical care but instead some health monitoring and occasional support from our staff. They are in a group setting which is designed to make them feel included and welcomed from their first day.
Participants’ days are scheduled around interaction with others through planned activities that are appropriate for each and every individual. Some of the key features of our social adult day care include:
- Pick-up and drop-off door-to-door transportation services
- Special diet and allergy-accommodating meals and snacks
- Personal care assistance, including help with personal hygiene, using the bathroom and other daily activities
- Therapeutic exercises and activities for increased positive interactions between participants
Whether they’re in their 20s or over 80, socializing is extremely important for an individual’s mental health. Everyone needs to feel like they are appreciated, that their ideas matter and that others enjoy being around them. Our goal is to create a social adult day care program that uplifts and inspires everyone who participates. Caretakers are often blown away at how much happier their loved ones become after joining the New Generations family.
A Day at New Generations
Coming to New Generations is an exciting day for guests and staff alike! We are always overjoyed to see our participants’ smiles and help them embrace another day. Activities in our social adult day care program are both age- and ability-appropriate. This means we customize our offerings and build groups based around each individual members’ likes, dislikes and cognitive abilities. Special needs and senior participants alike can look forward to a number of exciting activities and special events such as:
- Arts and crafts to promote creative expression and imagination
- Outdoors time to get some fresh air and exercise
- Field trips throughout the community, including bowling and lunch at the mall
- Fun and educational presentations on different subjects
- Talent shows and Special Olympics
- Annual pumpkin-picking and apple harvesting at McLeod Farm
- Daily devotionals and Bible readings
These events are all designed to introduce excitement and opportunity into your loved one’s life. We consider every member of Gary’s Gang, our special needs group, to be family. We listen to them, hear their wants and needs, and come up with fun new ideas to make their time with us truly something to remember.
How to Select the Right Adult Day Care Center
Every minute at New Generations is designed to support your loved one and help them feel their absolute best. We begin by specifying their unique needs and setting individual goals. We work with you, their caretaker, to gather as much information as possible, but we also talk with them. We build a schedule that is both exciting and comforting for them, because their happiness and safety are our top priorities.
We ask questions that help us determine the appropriate level of care and ideal activities for your loved one including:
- What are their health conditions?
- Do they require medication management and therapeutic services?
- Do they require mobility assistance, help using the bathroom, eating and performing other tasks?
- Do they have any dietary restrictions or food allergies?
- What do they like to do, and what activities do we offer that they would enjoy the most?
All of these questions and more form the basis of our Person Centered Care Programs. We do not place anyone in our social adult day care program until we have ensured we can fully support them and give them everything they need to thrive.
Enroll in a Social Adult Day Care Program Today
To learn more about the New Generations approach to special needs and senior social adult day care, contact us today. We would love to help you take the next step in providing your loved one with the greatest level of care, support and freedom in their lives. Whenever you are ready to take the next step, we are here for you.